Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident or incident? The injuries you’ve suffered have probably turned your life completely upside down. Are the expensive medical bills mounting? Have you had to take time off from work to recover from your injuries? If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to somebody else’s actions, you may be entitled to compensation.
The Kind of Cases We Handle
At DeMayo Law Offices, we’ve represented thousands of clients who were injured in an accident or incident. We’ve helped our clients who were involved in:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective medical devices and prescription drug reactions
- Nursing home abuse
- Workplace accidents, also known as Workers’ Compensation
- Product liability accidents
We can also help you file a claim or appeal an adverse decision for social security benefits. Additionally, if you’ve suffered spinal, back, or traumatic brain injuries through no fault of your own, we can help you receive compensation.
Why Choose Us?
DeMayo Law Offices was founded in 1992, with the promise that anyone who’s been injured in an accident due to someone else’s actions can depend on our firm. Our attorneys are experienced and have a wealth of knowledge in representing people in personal injury cases like yours.
Not only will our attorneys with decades of experience — a combined 150 years — work hard to get you the compensation you deserve, they’ll do so with compassion. We understand what people go through after they’ve suffered injuries through no fault of their own. We understand the impact the accident has had on your life.
What’s more, we at DeMayo Law Offices know that having to hire an attorney after an accident is an unexpected expense and may feel like a luxury you can’t afford. The last thing you need to worry about is how you can afford to hire an experienced attorney. We offer free initial consultations, and we work on a contingency basis. That means you don’t have to pay us until we get money for you.
We also believe in serving our community just as much as we serve our clients. Among other community service projects, DeMayo Law Offices developed a community initiative to provide local teenagers with education on the dangers of drinking and driving, called Arrive Alive. In connection with this initiative, we also provide annual scholarships to seniors in high school to go towards their college education.
The Compensation You Can Receive
It’s important to abide by the statute of limitations for personal injury suits in South Carolina. The statute of limitations is the time you have to file a lawsuit for compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered after an accident. In South Carolina, you have three years from the date of the accident to file suit.
You can receive several different types of compensation for your personal injuries after your accident.
- If you’ve had to receive emergency medical attention or other medical treatment for your injuries, you can be reimbursed for the medical costs. These are known as economic damages. If you’ve lost income due to the time you’ve missed or will continue to miss from work, you can also receive economic damages for that. If any personal property was damaged or destroyed in the accident, the cost of repair or replacement may be included in your economic damages, as well.
- Aside from your physical injuries, you’ve likely suffered a great deal emotionally and mentally. Being injured in an incident or accident can have long-term and widespread effects on your life. It can impact your loved ones and your relationship with them. Noneconomic damages are intended to make you whole in this respect. You deserve to be compensated for the pain and suffering that has been inflicted upon you as a result of somebody else’s negligence.
- Lastly, if your accident or incident was the result of somebody else’s particularly egregious actions, you may be entitled to punitive damages. This award is meant to punish the wrongdoer and is reserved for those whose actions were willful, wanton, or reckless. Punitive damages are rarely awarded.
Additionally, the state of South Carolina follows a modified comparative negligence rule. This means that if you are found to have been less than 50% responsible for the accident or incident, your potential compensation will be decreased by an amount equal to your percent of the blame. And if you are found to be more than 50% to blame for the incident, you are not entitled to any compensation.
In three decades, the attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices have helped our clients receive over $1 billion in awards and settlements. Here are just several of the settlements and judgments we’ve secured for past clients:
- We helped the family of two clients who were killed by a drunk driver receive over $6 million in compensation.
- We helped a client who was severely injured when a truck struck them on the side of the road receive $3 million in compensation.
- We helped a client who was injured on the job receive nearly $2 million in compensation.
- We helped a client who was injured by a bridge collapse receive $1 million in compensation.
We’ve helped thousands of other clients get the justice they deserve in the form of considerable compensation. While we’ve had great success representing our clients in the past, we can’t guarantee the same successful outcome for every case. Personal injury cases aren’t “one size fits all.” But we will work just as diligently for you in your case as we have for all our other clients.
Call Us Today
If you or your loved one has been injured in an unfortunate accident or incident that wasn’t your fault, you deserve to be compensated for those injuries. The attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices have the experience in personal injury cases that you need to get justice. Let us help you while you heal. We’re available to help you 24/7. If you have questions about your case, contact us today at (877) 333-1000 or provide us with details about your accident or incident online. We will conduct a consultation with you for free and let you know what your best options are.