Have you sustained a serious injury at the fault of another individual? Did you lose a loved one because of someone else’s thoughtless mistake? Could the accident have been prevented, saving you from incredible physical, emotional, and financial burdens? If any of these circumstances apply to you, you may be entitled to compensation under North and South Carolina law. The Monroe personal injury lawyers at DeMayo Law Offices – YOUR NORTH CAROLINA LAW FIRM™ – are here to represent your best interests and ensure you get the compensation you deserve following a tragic accident.
Sustaining a severe injury, while not uncommon, is life changing. Thousands of people in North and South Carolina fall victim to the negligence and carelessness of another individual, causing an injury that could place a significant financial burden on the victim and their family for years to come.
DeMayo Law Offices understands that your mind goes in different directions after an injury. You may be thinking, how will I provide for my family? How can I afford the medical bills that are constantly rolling in? Will I ever be able to work again? DeMayo Law Offices experienced personal injury attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices in North and South Carolina want to help to ease those concerns so you can focus solely on your recovery. Because, after all, that is what is most important.
The process of recovering from a severe injury can be long and drawn out, concerning your physical and mental health and that of your loved ones. While we cannot speed up your recovery, we will work hard to ensure you are represented in the best possible manner. When you call DeMayo Law Offices at (704) 291-9200, you can schedule a free consultation with a legal professional to discuss your options and build a solid case on you or your loved one’s behalf.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in North or South Carolina?
Suppose you are the victim of a tragic accident that caused severe injuries and resulted in a heavy financial burden. In that case, it is vital to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as you possibly can. Time is of the essence following an accident. Medical bills will begin to pile up immediately, other parties will lawyer up, and the insurance company will try to save themselves as much money as possible.
The last thing you should be doing is facing these daunting obstacles alone. Finding aggressive representation who will fight for you to receive proper compensation quickly can save you from experiencing incredible financial difficulties. Our attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices have the passion, skills, and experience needed to make you whole again, should the unthinkable occur.
Many deciding factors come into play when you are determining whether to seek representation for your personal injury claim or not. The following are some of the benefits a skilled DeMayo Law Offices Monroe personal injury attorney provides:
- Experience – DeMayo Law Offices’ skilled personal injury attorneys in North and South Carolina will dedicate their time and resources to your case. We will obtain crucial evidence, such as medical and police records, eyewitness testimonies, and testimonies from expert witnesses. We will properly file your claim with the insurance companies, ensuring all deadlines are met. We will communicate with the insurance companies and negotiate assertively and skillfully on your behalf.
- Objectivity – Following a serious accident, you will likely be distraught, angry, hurt, or tired after a serious accident. Our experienced attorneys will remain calm and collected throughout the entire process so you can be sure your case is handled competently and thoughtfully.
- Knowledge – With over 150 years of combined experience, DeMayo Law Offices has the skills and expertise to get you the maximum amount of compensation for your personal injury lawsuit.
- Settlements – Our ability to negotiate a settlement out of court in a personal injury lawsuit will often result in you receiving more money than initially expected.
- Proficiency in a trial – There is always a chance your case could go before a jury. Having an experienced personal injury attorney at your side who knows the laws in North and South Carolina and will fight for your rights every step of the way will give you a much better chance of success.
Why Choose DeMayo Law Offices to Represent You?
DeMayo Law Offices has worked diligently for individuals who have sustained critical, life-altering injuries in North and South Carolina since 1992. Our experience, knowledge, and skills are unmatched when representing you professionally and effectively in personal injury cases. The last thing you or your loved one should be concerned with after sustaining a serious injury should be your finances. We will work diligently to explore all your legal options to ensure you are adequately compensated under the law.
Our staff comprises more than 140 vastly experienced legal professionals who occupy three offices across the state of North and South Carolina. We will make ourselves available to answer your questions any time, day, or night, so you can rest easy knowing your case is handled by the best in the business.
Our firm is an accredited member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum as well as the National Trial Lawyers Organization. Being a part of both of these entities further proves that DeMayo Law Offices – YOUR NORTH CAROLINA LAW FIRM™ – has the expertise that is incomparable when it comes to representing our clients in the most effective way possible.
We will never charge a fee until we win your case. If the unthinkable does happen and your case is not won, you will never receive a bill for our legal services.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Claim?
The personal injury lawyers at the North and South Carolina DeMayo Law Offices have seen nearly every kind of claim throughout our 150 years of combined legal experience representing injured individuals. We have handled more than 90,000 cases and know that no two are exactly alike. Personal injury claims are unique and cover a broad spectrum of possibilities. We are prepared for any type of case that may come our way, no matter how obscure or complicated it may be.
While DeMayo Law Offices is prepared to handle all types of personal injury cases, a few cases we have successfully litigated in recent years include:
- $6,439,500.00 – Wrongful death settlement after the unfortunate death of two clients at the hands of a drunk driver in 2009.
- $6,000,000.00 – Negligent supervision settlement for a client who was tragically paralyzed from the waist down following an unsupervised exercise at a recreation center in 2016.
- $3,000,000.00 – Truck accident settlement awarded to a client who was hit by a truck while awaiting assistance for his disabled vehicle on the side of the road in 2013.
- $2,200,000.00 – A bus accident settlement as the result of a horrible bus accident that left a passenger with serious fractures to their leg, hip, and neck in 2010.
- 1,825,000.00 – Personal Injury settlement for a client seriously injured due to an unsecured object falling on them at a worksite in 2013.
- $1,000,000.00 – Product liability settlement awarded to two clients after a bridge collapsed beneath them in 2001.
In addition to these stand-out cases, we have dealt with a significant number of other personal injury claims such as:
If you are unsure if your case qualifies for compensation under the North and South Carolina personal injury laws, you can contact DeMayo Law Offices. We will review your case during an initial free consultation.
North Carolina Personal Injury Statistics
According to the National Safety Council, the state of North Carolina saw 6,007 deaths in 2018 as a direct result of incidents that could have easily been prevented.. Nearly 1,500 of these result from motor vehicle accidents, while the rest involve incidents involving workplace negligence, slip and fall accidents, and poisoning.
If you or a loved one fell victim to these preventable accidents or any other type of personal injury accident or incident, the a Monroe personal injury attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices are here to help you receive the compensation you are owed under North Carolina law.
What Will I Be Compensated for After Sustaining an Injury?
There are several things you can expect to receive financial compensation for following a tragic personal injury. If you are injured and another party is at fault, you may be entitled to receive money to cover expenses and losses including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service costs
- Hospitalization bills
- Medication costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Damage to property
- Pain and suffering, both physical and mental
- Lost wages due to time off work or loss of employment
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another individual, DeMayo Law Offices – YOUR NORTH CAROLINA LAW FIRM™ – will stand by your side to fight for your rights in a wrongful death case. We understand this is a difficult time. We will take immediate action to ensure your family receives the appropriate financial compensation you are owed for things such as:
- End-of-life medical treatment expenses
- Loss of insurance
- Loss of regular income
- Emotional distress
Personal Injury FAQs
We’ve answered some commonly asked questions about personal injury accidents. We are, however, ready to answer all your questions during a free consultation. Please contact our DeMayo Law Offices in Monroe, NC, to schedule a free case review evaluation.
Can I get medical treatment after an accident if I don’t have health insurance?
Your health and safety must come first following a serious accident. If you do not seek medical attention for the injuries you are unaware of, they can quickly escalate into life-threatening medical disasters. Medical bills can be terrifying, especially if you don’t have insurance, but your life is more important.
Every case is unique, and in many cases, the at-fault party’s insurance company may be responsible for covering your medical expenses. You may be able to sue the party accountable and have them pay your medical expenses in court.
An experienced personal injury lawyer may be your most valuable asset in determining your legal options for covering medical bills. A strong attorney on your side who can direct your legal strategy and start negotiating assertively on your behalf may be your best option for attempting to recover the funds required to pay for your medical care.
Before you begin paying, speak with a knowledgeable attorney at the DeMayo Law Offices in Monroe, NC, about your options.
What information should I bring to my free consultation?
Walking into a legal office and exploring the process may appear daunting. Following a serious accident, you will likely have a million concerns and queries running through your mind at any given time.
All those questions may escape your mind when you are in the presence of an attorney. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Consider writing down any questions that come to mind and carrying them to your consultation.
- Specific information about the accident you were involved in – bring your medical records, insurance paperwork, police report, and other documents or files from your accident.
- Keep a factual, objective, and honest record of all the details about your accident that you can remember.
- Bring any contact details for witness statements or information on the responsible party. An attorney needs all available information to make accurate and informed decisions about your case and to provide you with the advice you need to guide your next steps.
- It’s also a good idea to bring a pen and paper or something to take notes on.
What are pain and suffering? Am I entitled to compensation for it?
Non-economic damages in a personal injury case are pain and suffering. They are hard to quantify and, in general, subjective.
Lost wages and medical expenses are examples of economic losses. They are objective and relatively easy to calculate. After an accident, financial losses are quantifiable, but pain and suffering are not.
How do you put a price on emotional distress and pain?
Non-economic damages are a means for victims to be compensated for losses or lifestyle changes caused by an accident. You may be entitled to be paid compensated for pain and suffering, depending on the evidence of your case.
At our DeMayo Law Offices in Monroe, NC, an experienced attorney can review your situation and advise you on whether you should include pain and suffering in your overall compensation package.
Contact a Monroe Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was severely injured or killed as a result of someone else’s incompetence or carelessness, the skilled Monroe personal injury attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices stand ready and willing to take action. We always put our clients’ health and financial well-being over anything else. That is why there is no fee until we get you the compensation you are entitled to under North and South Carolina laws.
You can call DeMayo Law Offices any time, day or night, at (704) 291-9200 or fill out the online contact form to get started.