If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Charlotte by someone driving under the influence of drugs, DeMayo Law Offices can help. We’ve assisted thousands of clients with their personal injury claims, and we know how to get the job done right. Call the Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyers of DeMayo Law Offices toll-free at (704) 333-1000 today for a free case evaluation and get the help you need for your motorcycle accident.
Why Hire DeMayo Law Offices?
When Michael DeMayo founded DeMayo Law Offices in Charlotte in 1992, he envisioned a firm that would not only help its clients get justice for their personal injury claims but also invest in the community. That’s why DeMayo Law Offices has made community service a core facet of their mission. In addition to the Arrive Alive program, a series of hour-long presentations given to local schools to raise awareness about the dangers of drunk driving, DeMayo Law Offices has also awarded over $650,000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors through the Michael A. DeMayo Arrive Alive scholarship fund since 2003. DeMayo Law Offices now employs over 120 legal professionals and has helped over 90,000 clients win their personal injury cases in Charlotte and the surrounding area.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents Involving Drugged Drivers
Riding a motorcycle is already a dangerous activity, but when you add a driver in another vehicle that’s under the influence of drugs, the danger increases exponentially. A drugged driver can cause severe injuries to a motorcycle rider.
Some possible injuries that could result from a collision between the two include:
- Skin abrasions (road rash)
- Broken bones
- Skull fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal injuries
- Craniofacial injuries
Investigating a Motorcycle Accident in Charlotte
DeMayo Law Offices has experience with motorcycle accidents involving drugged drivers, and will investigate the accident thoroughly to build your personal injury claim. We will review all possible documents and evidence regarding the accident to make sure your claim for compensation is taken seriously and done right the first time.
Investigating a motorcycle accident will likely include the following steps:
- Document gathering: DeMayo Law Offices will work tirelessly to gather all written information regarding your accident. This can include medical records, police reports, written statements, or insurance reports on the accident.
- Witness statements: We may also interview anyone who has firsthand knowledge of the accident. These can be eyewitnesses, passengers of the vehicle that hit you, or the medical personnel on-site.
DeMayo Law Offices understands that it’s not just about what’s in the information obtained during an investigation but also what’s not included. They have the experience to recognize when an insurance company might be withholding information that puts their client at risk and will dig deep to find out what really happened.
How Much Will a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Charlotte Cost?
After a motorcycle accident in which you were injured through no fault of your own, you’re likely already worried about money. You’ll have unanticipated medical bills for the treatment you received for your injuries. Your doctor may keep you off work for a time, and maybe that means your family has no income coming in just when you need it most.
At DeMayo Law Offices, we know that. We believe everyone deserves quality legal representation, no matter the condition of their bank account. And the last thing we want to do is add to your financial burden. DeMayo Law Offices takes motorcycle accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. That means that you pay us nothing up front. We only get paid if we get a settlement or an award at trial for you. When you get paid, we get paid. If we don’t get money for you, you owe us nothing.
What Damages are Available for Motorcycle Accident Victims in Charlotte?
If, after you file your personal injury claim, the insurance company does not offer a settlement or denies your claim altogether, you may need to sue the at-fault party for compensation. The actual amount you could receive varies widely depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of injuries received. The attorneys of DeMayo Law Offices know how to analyze the facts of your accident, review the medical records, and make an accurate assessment of what monetary amount will cover your accident-related medical expenses and other needs now and in the future.
If a successful settlement agreement can’t be reached and your case goes to court, the jury will decide who was at fault for the accident, as well as how much money to award if you win.
Whether through settlement or at trial, certain categories of losses may be available for you to recover as compensation. They include:
- Pain and suffering: The element of pain and suffering is intended to cover non-economic costs of your accident, such as mental and physical distress, changes to your quality of life, and other hard-to-quantify factors.
- Medical bills: Costs eligible to be included in an award are your medical expenses for emergency transport, ER stays, doctor visits, medication, or rehabilitation.
- Property Damage: A motorcycle accident that causes serious injury is also very likely to cause serious damage to the bike as well. You may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing your bike, as well as the cost to repair or replace personal property that was damaged in the crash.
- Lost wages: You may be able to obtain money for the time you were off work, and if you are unable to return to work in the same job, or in any capacity at all, you may also be eligible for future lost wages compensation as well.
If the jury finds the driver was at fault for the accident and that they were driving under the influence of drugs, you may also be awarded punitive damages. This award is designed to punish the driver’s reckless or negligent behavior, and a different standard of proof is required for a jury to make such an award.
Call DeMayo Law Offices Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If a drugged driver caused your motorcycle accident in Charlotte, you have enough on your plate without the added stress of filing a personal injury claim. DeMayo Law Offices has over 150 years of combined legal experience and a staff of hundreds waiting to help. We will take the time to listen to your needs and the needs of your family and build a comprehensive case for your personal injury claim so you can do the important work of healing and getting on with your life.
Contact DeMayo Law Offices today toll-free at (704) 333-1000 and let them work to get you the compensation you deserve.