Did you suffer injuries in an accident? Was it due to another person or company’s negligence? If so, contact DeMayo Law Offices to learn about what we can do to recover the compensation you deserve.
An unexpected injury can lead to a range of physical, emotional, and financial struggles. Whether you were hurt on another person’s dangerous property or in a car crash involving a reckless driver, you probably need medical attention to recover. You should not be financially responsible for your incurred expenses if your actions didn’t contribute to the accident.
DeMayo Law Offices has a team of experienced personal injury lawyers serving Gastonia, NC, ready to fight on your behalf for the maximum compensation available. Since 1992, we have represented clients in their personal injury cases and achieved favorable results in many. When you hire us, we will work hard to hold the negligent party liable for their actions and aggressively seek the money you’re owed.
Call us at (877) 333-1000 today for your free consultation and learn more about what we can do for you.
Our Practice Areas
DeMayo Law Offices knows what it takes to prove fault after an accident. We can investigate what happened and gather all the available evidence to show that you deserve compensation for your injuries. We take on a range of personal injury cases, including:
- Automobile accidents – Human error is one of the most common reasons for car accidents. Inattention, speeding, distractions, and other careless actions place the occupants of other vehicles at risk of harm. You could hold the at-fault driver liable for your injuries and resulting losses.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are vulnerable to severe injuries in collisions with cars and trucks. Riders and passengers don’t have a seatbelt to restrain them to the bike or an airbag to soften the blow of the impact. A driver could change lanes without checking their blind spots or run a red light and crash into the motorcyclist.
- Truck accidents – Commercial trucks are dangerous during collisions with other vehicles. The occupants of small cars often sustain severe injuries and need emergency medical care. You could hold the truck driver or motor carrier liable if they were at fault for the crash.
- Catastrophic injuries – A catastrophic injury is an injury that significantly affects a person’s life. Loss of limb, paralysis, and severe burns are common examples. Catastrophic injuries can happen under various circumstances and require ongoing treatment.
- Traumatic brain injury – A traumatic brain injury disrupts the brain’s functioning. It can cause physical and mental impairments. Many accident victims don’t recover completely and end up with a disabling condition.
- Spinal cord injuries – A spinal cord injury can create various challenges. You could suffer from chronic pain and experience limited mobility in your back, neck, or limbs. Permanent damage or paralysis could occur, preventing the injured individual from performing routine tasks or taking care of themselves.
- Workers’ compensation – Workplace accidents can occur no matter what type of job you have. You can file a workers’ compensation claim after suffering a work-related injury or illness. The benefits you receive should pay for your medical care and replace part of your lost wages.
- Product liability – The injury you sustained while using a product as intended could be due to a manufacturer error. The manufacturer could be liable for the defect in their product.
- Dog bites – The severity of a dog bite injury can range from minor to life-threatening. Bacteria from the dog’s mouth could enter the wound and lead to sepsis, organ failure, and other complications. The dog’s owner could be liable for any injuries or property damage their dog inflicts.
- Back injuries – A back injury can cause serious symptoms that limit your physical abilities and diminish your quality of life. Muscle spasms, trouble breathing, and decreased range of motion are just a few examples of the effects of a back injury.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one is a traumatic experience. The personal representative of the deceased’s estate can pursue a wrongful death case to recover losses suffered by surviving family members and the estate.
- Mass tort/class action cases – Mass tort and class action cases involve multiple plaintiffs pursuing legal action against the same party. Typically, a negligent company is responsible for injuring many individuals. DeMayo Law Offices could represent you in your class action or mass tort lawsuit to hold the at-fault party liable and seek the compensation you deserve.
- Nursing home abuse – When you make the difficult decision to place your loved one in a nursing home, you assume they will be safe. Unfortunately, staff members can abuse or neglect residents, causing serious injuries and even death.
If you sustained injuries in any of the situations above, do not hesitate to contact DeMayo Law Offices for a free consultation with our Gastonia personal injury law firm.
Possible Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
When someone else is responsible for causing your injuries in an accident, you might be able to file a claim with the insurance company. The settlement you receive could cover the past and future losses suffered from the accident, such as:
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
If the insurance company offers an inadequate settlement or denies your claim, you could pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Punitive damages are only available in lawsuits, not insurance claims. The jury will only award you this form of compensation if you can prove the defendant is liable for your losses and acted with malice, fraud, or willful or wanton conduct.
Speak to an Experienced Gastonia Personal Injury Lawyer
If someone’s negligent actions caused your injuries in an accident, contact DeMayo Law Offices now. We can discuss the circumstances of your personal injury case during a free consultation and determine whether your injuries are eligible for compensation.
Call (877) 333-1000 today. We’re available 24/7 to speak with you.